User is using Gsuits for business mails. He created one new email Id on GSuits and is configuring the mail on Microsoft Outlook. While configuring, user is sure that every configuration setting that he is entering is absolutely correct but still MS Outlook is not able to connect and repeatedly prompting for pop and smtp passwords.
Causes of the problem
In this particular case, since the problem was with the new ID, following two things need to be checked:
- Whether POP/IMAP access is allowed to the user or not. To check it
- Login to the user account through webmail.
- Open Settings
- Navigate to POP/IMAP Download
- Ensure that any of the enable options is selected
- Login to the user account through webmail
- Open a separate tab
- Goto www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps
- Select Turn On, if is deselected.